Friday, June 29, 2007

Last night in Floripa

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Many of us were frantically trying to finish up our blogs for class and our essay that is also due today, so socializing was scarce.

We did, however, manage to venture out to Lagoa for some "Mexican" food. Actually it wasn´t too bad, but not like back home and I stil desperately want a burrito. We didn´t leave the hotel until about 11 and didn´t even eat until midnight. I´ve become so accustomed to doing everything so late here that going back home will be a big transition since everything is closed by either 10 or 2. That´s one thing I don´t miss about home.

Today was our last day of class and here I am, blogging. I documented our daily walk to school today. I wanted to get a feel for those back home at just how pretty it is here. I hope I captured it ok. I´m a bit scared at how much money the hotel has charged us for all of the water, soda and chips we´ve consumed, not to mention black dyed-towels, carpet stains and god knows what else happened to the room **cough cough Celine! cough cough***

I´m sad to be leaving, but can´t wait to get home, but I guess right now my vacation offially starts. Summer school is over! Woo hoo!

I have loved my stay here in Floripa and I hope to return sometime very soon, hopefully with some knowledge of the language.

I guess I´m not feeling very philosophical right now, I just wrote out all of my good thougts on my essay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, I'm glad you had fun, and I hope you have fun exploring these last few days out there, but I can't wait till you get home!